Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sunday my friends Joanne, Margie and I went to Reitman's to do some shopping for me. Since I have this new office job, I needed some clothes to make sure that I looked professional enough for all the clients that come in. I ended up spending lots of money but got about 20 mix and match outfits to try. It was lots of fun to have a girls afternoon out and we even finished it off with supper out.

Yesterday was quite a day. I went with Emma on a field trip to Birch Bay Ranch near Sherwood Park. We had to leave on the bus by 7:00 and it was a long and noisy trip. When we go there, we were amazed to see all the fun things to do. The kids got to climb wood walls, stone walls, repel, traverse, and do zip lines.

There was this really cool zip line that was about a 30 foot free fall drop until the slack was taken up then you whizzed across the line and back again a couple of times. As soon as I saw that I just HAD to try it. So after everyone had already gone, I got the harness on and climbed a 50 foot tower, crossed a 50 foot long rope bridge with swing like things as steps to another tower, then launched myself off the tower and did the fast and exciting zip line. What a thrill it was for sure!!!! I think that we should take the family there sometime as it's just too much fun to not do again.

Today was back to work as usual. I got to wear my favorite outfit that I bought on Sunday. I also got to learn some more new things with my new job. The realtors say they can't wait till I start full-time. I wonder why they are so excited for me to start??? Hmmm, I think I'm a bit nervous from their excitement.

I guess that's about it for the past couple of days so happy reading and until next time......

1 comment:

Jen said...

Zip line....sounds like something you would do :)
I like that you are blogging more regularily - love to hear the news.
Congrats on the job!