Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Job

So I've been at this new job for a week now and it's pretty good. The little people are really cute and extremely creative. I've learned lots about the difference between boys and girls in personality and how everyone learns at different speeds. Anyway, they are cute little gaffers but I feel like a babysitter instead of a teacher. Hopefully, I can move up in the school system at some point in time and do what I'm passionate about.

Again, I'm still doing three miles a day on my Gazelle elliptical and getting in better shape all the time. The other day I had Kelvin cut off my hockey stick a little bit to improve my shot and I hit the top shelf twice in shinny the other morning...so it worked!!! It was a really great time and I had some really good opportunities and scored a couple of times.

I'm still not in the Christmas spirit at all. We don't decorate our house because we are never home for Christmas. I haven't bought a thing yet and don't intend to until we are in Camrose with a bigger section. It's gonna be pretty slim pickins this year in the Lockhart-Eastwood home for gifts since I was out of work for so long but we'll make up for it in fun things we do with the kids.

Until next time.......

2 comments:

jessica jespersen said...

I'm looking at getting an eliptical machine. Do you have any recommendations? Congratulations on the new job. You'll be great at it!--j

Shari said...

I have only the cheap version of elliptical. Mine is one of those that doesn't do a running motion but more of a pendulus motion with the legs. I would recommend the ones that make it appear like you are actually running. Those ones were very expensive even second hand so that is why I went with the cheapo. It is still a good workout and I know that my muscles are getting stronger and my heart rate is right in the target zone so it's not all that bad. If I would have had the money, I would have bought the proper one though.