Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas and back in the grind

We (Kelvin, myself, Clayton, Cody and Sam) went home to Camrose for Christmas on December 20th and came back on December 29th. It was a good time and we all enjoyed visits and too much good food. It does make me miss my hometown but also makes me appreciate my own domain here too. I missed having the Daniel, Emma and Maggie with us but I know they had a good time with their mom and nanny. We'll miss them when they move to Nova Scotia after the school year,

Well, I'm officially back at school from Monday to Thursday all day long. I start at 8:30 in the morning in the kindergarten room and then go to preschool at 9:00. When I'm finished there, I go back into the kindergarten for the rest of the day.

I've had three days now with my little autistic fellow and enjoyed every minute of it. He is a very smart little duffer and extremely happy. Sometimes he looks so deeply into my eyes that I feel a very strong connection with him already. The time goes by very quickly and I am working hard on teaching him to meet his goals. I strongly believe that by June he will have reached them and can continue to strive for higher standards.

In kindergarten, I've been working mostly with small groups and giving them extra time with some of the struggles they have. It's been really rewarding and most enjoyable to do. Today, I got to read them their story after lunch time and ask them some questions, and wrote down their answers, about a subject that they are going to be studying for the next few months. After the subject is studied, we will compare what they knew at the beginning to what they know at the end. I can't wait to see what neat things that we'll all learn!!!

I'm still working out as often as I can by playing hockey twice a week and doing my strength and balance training the other days. I've also been boxing on the Wii and realizing that my regular strength training doesn't include my deltoid muscles. I'm hoping to be able to do my regular three miles on my elliptical on Fridays (my day off) after cleaning the house and getting caught up on errands. I really think that I'm looking much better from all the exercise because my 21 year old niece told her mom that I was looking pretty buff compared to what I used to be. Yay for nieces that love their aunties enough to say something nice!!!!

Well, that's it for now. Until next time.......

1 comment:

whoever said...

I still can't get motivated to work out! Good for you!