Monday, September 15, 2008

More stuff

Well, I guess I misinformed everyone with my last my last post. Joanne didn't get her transfusion but she did have a good nights sleep because of meds. After we went to visit her, she was air lifted to the University Hospital. Apparently, she has so many different kinds of antibodies in her blood that she is very hard to type and cross match. The pathologist sent her blood results to a doctor up there and he said get her here now!!!

She had a friend go with her (it would have been me if Kelvin would have been here to stay with the kids) in the aircraft and stay with her most of the night. She did get her transfusion of three units yesterday and her mom and sister (who is a nurse) flew in from Nova Scotia to be with her. She is having another bout of colitis with this c-difficil so everything seems to be going poorly for her. I'm really hoping that today she is feeling much more like herself having had that much blood back in her system where it should be.

So I was here all weekend long with six kids by myself. It was very well and I really do love having the kids around. I wish that Kelvin wouldn't have been called out Saturday so we could have got our stuff done that has to wait forever now. The call out was only an exercise and a stupid one at that Kelvin said. Grrrrrr!!!!!!!

I started a regimented exercise program yesterday. I went for a little jog around the block, did some stretching, weights, and going to incorporate some balance enhancement today. I've gained 10 pounds, which isn't bad, but I've gained it all in my mid-section...right where I don't want it!! So since I'm really doing the pushing 40 thing, I thought I better start doing things and making it a lifestyle quickly before I have too much work to do and not want to do it. I'm still playing hockey with the guys but I think I need to do more and hopefully that will help me in hockey too.

Well, I guess that's it for this time. Until next time........

No comments: