Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today is our 3rd anniversary!!! I know it doesn't sound like much but, we have to start somewhere. I woke up this morning to a package sitting on my computer. I opened it up before I woke the kids and read a beautiful card that my beloved bought me. It made me cry with the nice words and just the same words that would come from his own mouth and have before. What a guy I have!!! I also got some 60% dark chocolates, some really nice hair conditioner, two Canadian horse magazines and a really cool John Deere tin box with three little drawers in it that I put my jewelry in. I bought him a toolbox that is put on top of one that is on wheels. I think the one with wheels will come for Father's day this year with the kid's help. We alsowent out for supper tonight to celebrate our anniversary and my new job.

It was also the first day that I worked my two jobs. I did three hours at Beantrees and then went straight over to Royal LePage for the next three hours. The second three hours just whizzed by as I was learning new things. I think I was able to put five listings on MLS today which is not bad considering I've never done it before. I had a realtor help me with the input of data and where it all goes. It's pretty repetitive so I think I'll catch on pretty quickly.

I haven't answered the eight line phone system yet as I think they don't want to overwhelm me the first day. While I was there, three clients walked in and of the three I knew two of them and was able to greet them by name...that ought to have impressed the boss and realtors. All in all, it was a pretty good start to a new job. I told my mom this afternoon on the phone that as a person gets older, things really change. I wasn't nearly as nervous as I used to be starting a new job and seemed to slip into the roll better than I had expected.

Anyhow, I'm going to pack it in for the night and get some much needed sleep for my busy day again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Shari? I'm not sure this is the same Shari I used to know... crying at a card??? A jewellery tin??

Wow. You're a girly-girl now!

Shari said...

Bite your tongue girlfriend!!! I have always cried at cards and the tin isn't really for jewellery but that is what I use it for (all 10 pieces of jewellery I have) but it is John Deere!!! How much more ungirly girl can you get????

I do have to dress up everyday though and that's not so bad but, wait for the winter time to hit and cold weather...back to pants and long johns for this country chick!!