Friday, March 20, 2009

The Friday File

Friday here and the Professional Development that we were supposed to have today was cancelled because the facilitator couldn't make it. So this morning I took my medical papers into the lab here in Cold Lake and got blood drawn for my lab work instead. I guess we'll see if there are any concerns regarding the usual tests they do....I would seriously doubt it as I'm probably in the best shape I've been in ever.

I went to the optometrist since I have insurance for eye glasses and got new frames and the new progressive bifocals. I put them on and loved them right away. It's really nice to not have to hold things so far away when I try to read. I can even clip my finger nails and hang nails now without a second to focus.

I had a good weekend last weekend when I went back home for my doctor's appointment. I got to see lots of people I haven't seen in a while and visited with them. I decided to go back home to the doctor because of the foolish decisions the doctor's here have been making with some of my friends. I just don't feel like they really care here and I need them to care...this is our lives and health we are talking about.

The best part of the weekend was when my best friend and I got to sit around and talk while eating Nibs. We used to do it all the time and it was good to be able to do it again. Thanks Sr. Bag for the good time. I also appreciated that my very best baking friend went to the trouble to make her famous cinnamon buns for me. I only wished I had known so I wouldn't have eaten too much at lunchtime before that.

It's always tons of fun to go shopping with my mom too. We went to the big SuperWalmart that Camrose now has and looked around and bought a few fattening things to take home for later. I was able to meet up with my favorite aunt too while we were perusing in the big store. On Saturday night, mom and dad and I went to the Camrose Country Opry and enjoyed some good old local talent. It was lots of fun.

Until next time......

2 comments:

siteseer said...

Okay, I confess I'm delinquent in checking your blog, but I think it's because you're delinquent in writing lol. Surprised to see that the Sr Bag hasn't commented yet. She does make the best breads though doesn't she? I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you get together. Although a lot of your laughter probably wouldn't make any sense because of the "inside humor" thing between friends. I'll check back more often if you write more often lol

siteseer said...

I've given you an award on my blog